Latest Facts in General Knowledge You didn’t know.
Friends, There are some unbelievable facts you didn’t know about that. Spend your time to gain these interesting facts here:
- Ants never sleep!
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- Happy Birthday (the song) is copyrighted.
- The dot over the letter “i” is called a ‘Tittle’.
- You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
- A “jiffy”, is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- Shakespeare invented the words “assassination”and “bump”.
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- Minus 40° Celsius, is exactly the same as minus 40° Fahrenheit.
- When the moon is directly overhead, you will weigh slightly less.
- “I Am” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- The names of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from the blowing desert sand.
- No word in the English language, rhymes with month – orange – silver -or- purple.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
- The word “lethologica” describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
- The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
- Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never called his wife or mother; because they were both deaf.
- The sentence, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the English language.
- Babies are born without knee caps – actually, they’re made of cartilage and the bone hardens, between the ages of 2-6 years.